West Lothian Pride Privacy Notice
This privacy notice will explain how our association (West Lothian Pride) uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our website or answer one of our surveys.
What data do we collect?
Our association collects the following information:
· Personal identification information which may include your name, email address, phone number, date of birth, where you live and your equality characteristics.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide our association with most of the data that we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Register for our events.
- Send us emails or messages on social media.
- Register as a volunteer.
- Answer one of our surveys.
- Joining any of the West Lothian Committees.
How will we use your data?
- To ensure that the health and safety requirements of our events are maintained.
- To maintain the quality of our events and to make sure that the needs of the local community are met.
- To evaluate our events.
How will we store your data?
· We store all of our data in one secure cloud-based system which is reviewed and updated annually.
· We store your data for a maximum of 1 year. You may be contacted after 11 months to enquire whether your data may be kept for longer than this. If you do not give us consent for this then your data will be deleted.
- People who have shown an interest in our events such as stallholders, volunteers and those who have enquired about LGBT+ groups may receive marketing information about our events.
- You can opt out at any time by emailing us at GDPR@westlothianpride.org
- We do not share your personal information with any third party companies.
What are your data protection rights?
Our association would like to make you fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right of access – You have the right to request copies of your personal information from West Lothian Pride. We may charge a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that West Lothian Pride changes any of your personal information that you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that West Lothian Pride completes any of your personal information that you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that West Lothian Pride erases your personal data, under certain conditions. This will be done within the 30 days stated by the GDPR Laws.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that West Lothian Pride restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by West Lothian Pride, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that West Lothian Pride transfers your personal data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights please email us at GDPR@westlothianpride.org